It’s very important that this workshop needs to be quiet as there’s a high level of cencentration required.
Attendees are asked to be at the venue about 15 minutes beforehand to get set up. If you do arrive late, please set up as quietly and unobtrusively as you can.
While the session is in progress, please refrain from having conversations as it can disturb other attendees. You can talk freely during the 5 minute model rest breaks.
If you want to take referential photographs of the model, please ask the model first. They are only being paid to sit for us for life-studies, so it’s only fair to them!
All mobile phones should either be turned off or set to silent (no vibrate alerts).
If you need to leave early, please take the opportunity to do so at the last break at 3pm to avoid disturbance. There’s a lot of bustling and noise when packing up an art box and the other attendees will still be working.
We will work in 15 minute parcels to give our model an opportunity to rest.
20 minute tea/coffee break at 11.30pm
Lunch at 1-2pm
15 minute tea/coffee break at 3pm
Meet in bar to relax and chat.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
If you prefer to stand, bring a standing easel. For those that prefer to sit, they should use a box-easels (for example) and there should be tables and chairs.
Here’s what I suggest you bring although attendees may have their own favourite colours, of course.
Bring Boards or canvases of no smaller than 10″ x 14″ -around 16″ x 20″ would be fine. A good idea would be to grey them out beforehand to save time.
- Bring your oils: Suggested colours
- Titanium White (or Titanium buff)
- Yellow ochre
- Sap green (or Viridian)
- Cadmium Yellow
- Burnt Umber
- Cobalt Blue and/or Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Red (Medium or Dark)
- Ivory Black (or Indigo or Paynes Grey)
- Bring a little watercolour to do your drawing on the canvas.
- Your solvent of choice (Zest-it, if you have it).
- Brushes -Bring a selection of good brushes -include a soft blending brush if you like to use them.
- If you like Liquin, bring that too.