How to make magical linocut prints.
There’s nothing as wonderful as when you take your first impression from a lino plate that you cut yourself…and what’s more; you can take as many impressions as you like! You can make your own greetings cards, limited edition prints. Even make your own personalised stamp! In this Zoom online block printing linocut workshop, I’ll show you how to get going and have fun in the process.
A two 1.5hour session Zoom workshop demonstration. Level: Beginner-intermediate
Day 1. You will learn
- The materials you need and how to use them safely.
- How to transfer your drawing to your lino printing plate
- Cutting your image.
- Planning additional colour plates
Day 2. You will learn
- Which paper and ink to use
- Setting up your inking and printing areas
- Inking your plate
- Taking an impression
- Taking care of your prints
You can download a list of materials to get you started here.