In preparation for joining a class, you need to join Zoom.us. It’s free if you’re just joining as a casual user.
How class will proceed.
What you will need
How I maintain Zoom Meetings safety
I make sure to protect you from bad actors as much as I can. The main reason for breaches of security in Zoom are covered here as are my steps to close them:
- Hosts putting invitations up on social media. I NEVER do that. Direct emails to known attendees only.
- All participants’ video is turned off when they enter the meeting room so they can’t show unauthorised material.
- All particpants will be muted on entering the meeting room to prevent unwanted speech or sound.
- The ‘Chat’ function will remain in use but no link sharing will be allowed.
- I will hear a sound when any partcipants join or leave the class. I can make a quick check on them to make sure they’re authorised.
- No sharing of files will be allowed.
- Only the host can share the screen.