Bring boards or canvases of around 5″x7″ or 7″x7″. The aim of this class is to paint small and paint often.
Oils: (For beginners, I recommend Winton Oils -good student quality paint and the colours are consistent).
Essential 5 Colours for beginner painters: (Definitely get these as a priority)
- Winton Cobalt Blue
- Winton Permanent Rose
- Winton Cadmium Yellow Light
- Winton Titanium White (or Titanium buff)
- Winton Ivory Black (or Indigo or Paynes Grey)
Plus the following for an extended palette (Get these once you’ve become familiar with the above palette).
- Sap green (or Viridian)
- Cadmium Yellow Deep
- Burnt Umber
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Red
Do bring the following:
- A palette.
- Bring a little burnt umber watercolour to do your drawing on the canvas.
- Solvent: Zest-it, if you have it).
- Brushes –Synthetic short flat brights: 12 and 6. Also, a Round No. 1. I recommend the Create brand (you can buy a packet of 5 brushes for under €5 in Evans or Eason)
- If you like Liquin, bring that too.
- Wear old clothes: painting can be a messy business!