|Students at the Rathmines oils portraits workshop with Kevin Mcsherry|
|Portrait of Mathilde|
A full day tutored workshop in painting the portrait.
SUNDAY July 8th. 11AM to 4.45PM
Click the link below
Painting portraits with a live model is challenging but fun -and the right time to start practicing is RIGHT NOW!
I will guide you through the process in an easily understandable way; and questions are welcome. As in all my classes, I’ll start with a demonstration and all participants will get personal attention throughout the day.
- We’ll cover the following:
- The structure of the head.
- Mixing skin-tones and tonal values.
- Colour temperature.
€75 SIGN UP USING THE PAYPAL BUTTON BELOW
Where is it?
This event will take place in the Art Space of Artmines art materials shop. (Opposite Fred Hanna’s book shop).
Phone: 086 247 0737
Please bring your own box easel or SMALL standing easel and painting materials. (There are tables for box easels and plenty of chairs). If you are missing materials, Artmines are offering a 10% discount on the day to participants!
Coffee and tea available.
There a plenty of venues to go for lunch in the surrounding area -and a bars for post-painting refreshments and analysis!
|Art classes in south Dublin. Learn to paint in oils in the alla prima style.|
|Working out the composition of a portrait in oils at my workshop in Dublin|
Portrait Workshop: Materials to bring
- Titanium White
- Yellow ochre
- Cadmium Yellow
- Burnt Umber
- Cobalt Blue and/or Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Red (Medium or Dark)
- Ivory Black
- A palette.
- Bring a little burnt umber watercolour to do your drawing on the canvas.
- Solvent: Zest-it or Sansodor. (Turpentine is too pungent in a confined space).
- Brushes -Bring a selection of good brushes -include a soft blending brush if you like to use them.
- If you like Liquin, bring that too.