Please read this carefully and check this list against your materials: It may not be possible to provide you with any materials if you arrive without them.
If you prefer to stand, bring a standing easel. There are chairs and I’ll bring tables for those that would like to sit and use their box-easels.
Bring Boards or canvases of no smaller than 10″ x 14″ -around 16″ x 20″ would be fine. A good idea would be to grey them out beforehand to save time.
Bring your oils. If you already use the Limited Process Palette as we use at my studio class, use those: Otherwise, suggested colours are:
- Cobalt Blue and/or Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Red (Medium or Dark)
- Bring a little burnt umber watercolour to do your drawing on the canvas.
- Solvent: Zest-it or Sansodor. (Turpentine is too pungent in a confined space).
- Brushes -Bring a selection of good brushes -include a soft blending brush if you like to use them.
- If you like Liquin, bring that too.
Artmines is an art supplies shop, so if there’s anything you need, you will get a 10% discount on the day as a special complimentary offer.
Please Note: We reserve the right to cancel where numbers are insufficient. Monies paid are non refundable, except where Workshop is cancelled.